The kids and I made blankets for an organization that distributes them to children in need.
I let the kids pick out the material they would like then we got busy cutting and folding blankets!
The kids worked really hard, and would talk about how much a child would love their soft blanket while they worked. Some of them get taken to hospitals, or homeless shelter, and some went to help people in Haiti as well! The kids loved that they were doing service- and earning a free ticket to Disneyland too!
Allie helped me fold mine- and was pretty good at it!
Makayla was really fast and wants to make one for herself now.
The finished blankets. We made 6 blankets and earned 3 tickets to Disneyland. I'm glad we got on board early to earn our tickets- Disneyland go so many volunteers early I think they have already ended the program. I thought it was a great way for the kids to serve, and now when we go to the park it will mean so much more to them! Good job kiddos!
1 comment:
Awesome! Can't wait until you guys come down to go to Dland.
Post a Comment