Tuesday, October 5, 2010

6th grade field trip

The 6th graders at Union Ridge get to take a fun field trip.  They walk from the school, a few blocks to the river and get in these big canoes and canoe on Lake River, watch for wildlife, eat on the sand and paddle back.
Makayla was persistent in inviting me, so I found someone to take my little ones and got to join her and her class.  It was a fun time!
I got to sit in the middle, so the kids could paddle me!  If they got tired, I would get a turn.  I think the only reason Makayla gave me a turn was because the boy in front of her kept getting her wet!

We saw lots of Blue Herons

And a bald eagle



From where we ate lunch we could watch these big ships go down the Columbia river!
This is the same spot we took Grandpa Drapers boat to ski this summer.

Makayla and some of her friends.
The day started out sunny, then the clouds came in.  But no rain!

3 comments:

Jer & Di said...

What an awesome and unique field trip! That surely wouldn't happen here in the dessert!

Anna and Jon said...

You could totally pass for a sixth grader! Okay, maybe not quite, but dang close. :)

Unknown said...

What a fun field trip! I bet Makayla loved having you there. I have always wanted to ride in a canoe.