Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools

this is a reenactment of dinner- we didn't get the real on on camera!

I had a fun April Fools Day today. I packed the kids lunches this morning and put their note IN their sandwich. I asked Dylan after school how his sandwich was and he told me he ate the paper and had to go to the nurse! Yikes- I felt so bad for a minute then he said- "April Fools" I guess he got me back.

I even let the kids take their old whoopee cushions to school to put on their teachers chairs. Their teachers were good sports!

For dinner we made grilled cheese sandwiches. (made with pound cake for bread, and orange frosting for the melted cheese) Makayla figured it out, but Dylan was so funny! He took a bite and made the craziest face. Later he said he thought it was the best cheese and bread he'd ever had!

Then we took a pretty flower in a pot to some friends- made with dirt dessert. Yummy! What a fun day. P.S. Nope- we're not pregnant if you were expecting that joke!

4 comments:

McAllister Family said...

So cute! What a fun idea! I love all of your pictures from Spring Break. Looks like you guys had a ton of fun!

Kristen said...

Ha you are funny...I thought about putting my facebook status as what I put on my blog last year.

Jer & Di said...

You are great..way to go making this a fun and memorable day for your kids!

Julie said...

Cute! I LOVE that Dylan got you back with a joke of his own, how funny!