Saturday, October 31, 2009

Ghouls on the Run

Today- Halloween morning- I ran with Makayla and her friends for the Girls on the Run 5K!
Girl Power!!There are a lot of runners here!

The warm cheering team-

Coming across the finish line- in 34:00 minutes!!
6 minutes faster than her last run!
Makayla was so awesome in this run- her friend counted and said she was in 27th!
Way to go sis.
A few times in the race I could tell she was getting tired and told her we could walk for a bit, but she would speed up and run some more!
As we were coming to the finish she said 'I don't want to have any energy left'- and took off!
It was a fun run- Im proud of her!!

Jessie, Makayla and Megan!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

That is so awesome Makayla. I'm trying to talk Mattison and Isabel to run with me next year.