Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Lance vs. the barstool

I love my kiddos.
It is not fun when one of them gets hurt!
Today we had preschool at our place again and as the kids were finishing snacks, I started getting things out for our activity.
Lance tried to climb up on the bar stool next to me, but missed a step and the bar stool fell over on him.  I was right next to him and it seemed to fall in slow motion. As soon as I looked down I could see the gash in his head filling with blood.
The funny thing is, that today when my friend dropped her daughter off at my place, she told me she was going to a friends and would be close if I needed to call her to come get Lance, or anything.  SO right away I knew to call her!
She ran over and took the kids while I ran Lance to the ER.
Here he is in the waiting room.  Looks fine to me!
Then in the ER room I took his band aid off for a picture before the doctor came in.
He was watching Dora and didn't seem to mind the whole in his head at all!

The nurse put some numbing cream on and he was totally fine!

Until they strapped him into the papoose board.  He did not like that, but did pretty good while they put in 5 stitches.
As soon as they unstrapped him, he did a long burp and was fine again.
When the Doc came back in to have me sign papers, he did jump behind me pretty quickly.
What an eventful day.  Im just glad he's OK!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Owie!

Jer & Di said...

Love you little Lance!Q Be careful...I am so proud of how brave you are!

The Warren Family said...

Oh dear! Real stiches?...no super glue stiches? You're pretty cute Lance!

Tyler Jorgenson said...

Lots of fun new posts. Can't wait to see you guys soon. XO!