Friday, January 9, 2009

Makaylas off to school...

We packed up Makaylas lunch today and she was off to school: Doesn't she look great?
Thanks to our friends the Butters for sharing their pioneer clothes and lunch pail!
She has been learning about Nebraska heritage at school, and was able to spend a whole day at heritage school. The kids dressed like the kids would have in the early 1800's and brought food they would have had. We did put some banana chips in there, and she told me they wouldn't have had those unless a train had brought them, or maybe if her grandma had come to visit. She also ate a roll with jelly- they didn't have peanut butter- beef jerky dried apples and a cookie because she was lucky.
She had such a fun day at school- didn't love using the privy- but thought she would have like being a pioneer.


5 comments:

The Bui's said...

So Cute! She looks like Holly Hobbie.

Kristen said...

Hello Laura! (I'm talking little house you knwo) That looks like a lot of fun.

Teri Le said...

She makes a great pioneer! Grandpa J would love being a pioneer with her, I'm sure. What a fun day at school.

Jer & Di said...

So much fun..I can imagine how much she has learned about all the pioneers, and I would LOVE a letter telling me all about her day.

DJD said...

You could have gone on the pioneer trek with Grandma and Grandpa!! You look adorable and I am glad you are learning about pioneers! I am so thankful for the sacrifices they made for me and you. I love you.