Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Job Hunting

Quinn was able to fly to the northwest and look into some practice opportunities, then Lance and I flew out the next week to meet him and look around. The first place we went together was to Aberdeen Washington- its right on Grays Harbor and we spent the night down at Ocean Shores. We couldn't believe how many deer were cruising the town. Quinn took pictures of almost everyone one we saw but I decided not to blog all of them- sorry babe.
I did like this one, grazing in the grass by the beach! It was chilly there, but beautiful!
We drove out onto the beach for a quick picture- but I was so tired by this night, we didn't spend mush time there. We could see the ocean and a big Bonn fire out our hotel window.

Another deer walking along the road!


By this night Lance had spent hours on planes and at airports and riding in cars- he was really a trooper!



Until I put him in the bed at the hotel. He didn't understand that it was almost midnight Nebraska time!!


The story behind this picture:
One of the most eventful parts of our trip:
After Aberdeen we headed to Olympia. Quinn dropped Lance and I at our Hotel so he could go 'talk shop'. Lance went down for a nap so I locked the door, and went down to the lobby to check my email. I came back upstairs about 10 minutes later and couldn't get into my room. I went down had the guys re swipe my card, ran back up stairs, still no luck. Ran back downstairs, ran back up stairs... this went on for OVER an HOUR. These guys could NOT get me into my room!! Really guys- I have a sleeping baby in there- can you just move a little faster??
Finally they decided it was broken and went for plan B:
Through the window! Luckily I had my purse with me and my camera so I was able to snap a picture. May need it when I write the hotel about how unhelpful they were.
Also, Lance stayed asleep until I got in about an hour and a half later. Yep- that was exciting.
By then Quinn was back so we went to dinner in Olympia!
It is so beautiful there!
Lance liked the water show- he never saw the one in Vegas! We wanted to show the kids Washington's capitol, since we are in Nebraska's!


After Olympia- we went to the Vancouver Washington area. This is where Quinn spent most of his time growing up. The house he lived in is for sale so we went and looked at it! Fun memories!
After spending time in Vancouver- we headed home- and that's an entire new story...




3 comments:

Jer & Di said...

I really LOVE this pictures..you should have included some of the 3 practices..I want to see which one looks cooler! Love the Capitol picture. Really pretty.

Hoggards said...

What a fun/crazy/packed trip! I love the picture of you guys on the beach! Good luck with the hunt! Love ya!

VegasWatkins said...

You would have been so bored anyway while he was napping so why not have a little adventure!!