Monday, May 25, 2009

Makaylas 5K!!

Makayla just finished another season of Girls on The Run. Last semester she didn't get to run the 5K because it was on Sunday, so this was her first one! She was so excited. During the race she told me she only wanted to sign up again if the race was on another Sunday, but after the race she was wanting to join again! Her and her running buddy. We made it to the half way point without stopping, then Makayla said we needed to walk!
The group getting ready to start!

They invite family members and friends to run with the girls, and makayla wanted me to run with her. We had fun together!


We ran around a lake so Quinn kept the other kids busy throwing rocks in the water!




If you looks close you can see runners coming over the dam. In the winter we sled here, at the top makayla said- I wish there was snow and I would just sled down to the finish line!
Allie found a seat to wait in the long grass.

Here we are coming down the finish line! All the cheers made makayla get moving again!


Makayla showing her muscles- 40 minutes and 38 seconds! Way to go Girl!!!


GOTR GOTR GOTR Girls on the Run is so much fun!


7 comments:

Tyler Jorgenson said...

Nice job Makayla. btw you gals have some WHITE legs.

Jer & Di said...

I LOVE this. I LOVE you girls. Way to go Makayla!

Anonymous said...

Sooo Cute! Ben and I saw a car last weekend with "Go, Girls on the Run" painted on the back window. I can't wait to do it with Jacqueline. :-)

VegasWatkins said...

AWESOME that is so great Makayla!!

Pop J said...

OK, either you are really short, or Makayla is getting really tall (or both!).

Kristen said...

Good job Makayla. I love the pictures of Makayla and Amy running....that's freaking awesome.

The Warren Family said...

I am so impressed Makayla! Way to go! I'm proud of you too Amy! :)