Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Our cute kiddos keep us smiling

It has been a crazy week around here to say the least. I'm glad we have found some reasons to keep smiling. These kids can do that to you.
Yesterday Makayla told us her teacher was talking about the pioneers, and how they had to work hard and work together. Her teacher said they all had a lot of 'duties'. (just say it and think like a kids for a minute) Some days they would switch their 'duties', some times they would have 'double duties'. I guess by the end the 5th graders were laughing so hard they just called duties, jobs. ;)
Last night we were eating Ice Cream cones on the back deck for family night. Lance had a Popsicle and I thought he might want some ice cream. I asked "Who wants to give Lance a lick?" Allie said, "I will", then went over and licked his cheek.
I'm not sure what she was thinking, but we were laughing pretty hard at that one.
Sunday we were able to go to Calebs corner to put out some flowers and have a little family prayer for our good friends. We love you guys!
Now who can't laugh at this guy. He still loves to eat by himself, and when hes done, you better quickly clean him up or he keeps playing until you get him down.
Dinner routine DOES include a bath every night.

We've had some good friends come and bring us dinner this last week. I have been amazed at the outpouring of love and service. We are truly blessed to live among such wonderful people.

4 comments:

Jer & Di said...

I love these kids!!! Boy, could I hear those 5th graders...that even made ME laugh! Allie..oh how I wish we lived closer together! You kids make me happy all the way inside!

Elizabeth said...

Amy, I didn't remember you'd gone private, so I haven't been on in a while. Your kids have grown so much.
We are heartbroken to hear about Caleb and wish we could be in Lincoln to support the Matthisons with the rest of the ward and stake. Thanks for posting about the funeral.

Kristen said...

Awesome friends, awesome kids! Glad you are finding joy!

McAllister Family said...

I love that picture of Lance with rice in his hair! That is hilarious! I bet that was fun to wash out!
Cute kiddos!