Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Turkey Trot

Today the "Plymouth Rock" team ran in a 5K relay race! Mom, Makayla & Dylan made up the team and passed the turkey baster baton to finish the race in 27 minutes!! Here's our final leg- the Indian Dylan, bringing our team in with some speed! The Pilgrim Makayla started our team off- GREAT! Turkey mom could hardly believe it when she saw her coming!
The Whole Plymouth Rock team after the race.
(Why was I more tired than the kids???!)
The race was put on by our great YMCA. The 'Y' actually ran- and we beat him!
He was just behind me when I passed the baster to Dylan, so I yelled "take it easy Dylan- run with the Y Guy" But as he came across the finish- I was impressed Dylan was still in front of him.


Best part about fun runs- the prizes. Makayla won a subway gift card! Yummy! She thought this relay wasn't long enough for her- shes our 5K runner!
Dylan won snickers energy bars!
What a fun Turkey Trot. The race was held across from the Y at Lincoln Memorial. It was a beautiful, peaceful coarse. I'm glad my kids ran it with me!!

3 comments:

Jer & Di said...

Awwww. That is go great! Thanks for posting so quickly, I almost feel like I was there! (Wish I were!) You guys are so great! See you soon.

Kristen said...

That looks like so much way. Way to go all of you.

Hoggards said...

I think that's so awesome that you run with your kids!