On Lances bday we put some candles in his muffin for breakfast. He would sit and smile while we sang, then he'd try and blow. But after many tries he could not get that fire out. So he'd ask "Awie" or "Dyn" to help. Then he would say, "Day- day. Me. and blow" Meaning, sing to me again so I can blow out candles.
All day we would hear, "Day-day, me. blow". I think we lit about a hundred candles that day!
Lance wants a ball in his hands 24 hours a day. During Dylans basketball season he was trying to shoot "hoops" all day. Now that its baseball time, he finds a hat, a glove and plays 'tatch' all day. He has some pretty good form too! He even grabs as many balls as he can hold, brings them over to me and says, "Me, hit." Then goes across the room and gets into perfect batting position.
I think on his first birthday he had a big bruise on his head in the same spot too. He actually has a dent on his forehead from bonking it so much! Thats what little boys do.
For his present he got, of coarse, BALLS.
As I pulled out each ball, this is how it went:
Baseball: 'Lance whats this ball?" Lance: "Heet"
Football: "Lance whats this ball?" "Hike"
Soccerball: "Whats this?" "Keek"
Basketball, "Whats this one? "Hoop, iiin!"
He is pretty cute, and we are loving how he is trying to make sentences. The other day Dylan got hurt doing something boys do I guess, and Lance came up to me and said:
"Mom. Mom. Dyn. Owwie. Dyn. Fry. Waaa. Mom."
We has some of his nursery friends from church come over sunday for some cake and ice cream too. Another chance to sing and blow out candles.
And it was actually sunny that day, so we could go out back and enjoy some sun. Don't be fooled, it did rain the rest of the week.
This boy is so much fun to have in our family. I love to watch Makayla and Dylan have fun with him, and he and Allie are best buds. He is always watching out for her and if he gets something, he alwyas gets one for 'Awwie' too. Im glad she get one more year at home before kindergarten. I don't know what Lance would do without her!
Lance loves hair. Not just his hair, anybodys hair. Last year as I was flying with him to meet Quinn for interviews, he would keep leaing over in his seat to play with someones hair. At church he tries to lean forward to touch someones long pretty hair. I've notice it just goes with his binky, but getting him away from his 'kinky' looks like its going to be hard work.
Binky and hair, his two loves.
start with yours, but if someones closer, move over:
Happy Big Bday Lancey Pants. We love you!!
Lance 1 year ago:
5 comments:
Happy Birthday, Lance!
ADORABLE! We love you too Lance!
I can't believe he is two. I just can't believe how fast time flies. Miss you guys!
Happy birthday Lance! What a handsome little guy! So fun to see Channing and kids at his party.
Lance is so stinkin cute. I love the faces he is making while you sing to him. He is going to be an amazing athlete.
Post a Comment