Thursday, May 1, 2008
happy may day
I had Quinn take a picture of the popcorn popping on our tree out front. We have had lots of fun watching spring arrive!
Today is May Day. Iguess growing up in the west we didn't celebrate it, but here in Nebraska May day is like a holiday. My kids came home from school telling me all about may day and how we are supposed to take baksets of treats to people. Then Quinn came home and said, "did you know today is may day? All the girls at work were passing out baskets and couldn't believe I didn't know what may day was." Then we ended up getting treats dropped on our door- four times tonight! I told the kids next year we will do may day.
So for thoses of you bloggers who know about it- Happy May Day! What a fun day- we will be sure to be on the ball next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
LOVE that tree!
So I guess I should look up what May Day is all about. How fun to get so many treats.
I love your popcorn tree. When I was growing up we always made may day baskets at school and put flowers in them to leave on people's doorknobs...where did that fun tradition go?
sounds fun--did they dance around the may pole too?
That looks like such a fun tradition. We should start it out here. I love the tree in your front yard too.
Post a Comment