I really can't believe it was 10 years ago we were having our first baby. I was SO nervous and didn't know what to expect. When she was born she let out a loud squawk then just looked all around the room with her big blue eyes. We didn't know if we were having a boy or a girl, so all the nurses and my parents were all excited when she came. She was a happy baby from day one, and the last 10 years have filled my life with so much happiness. She has a special calling as the big sister in our family and I know I couldn't make it without her. I am always impressed by her talents and thoughtfulness and patience. We are so happy you're in our family sis!
I figured 10 is a big year, so we needed to have a big party. I haven been planning this for a while, and it really turned out great. I told her we would have a party the Friday after her birthday, so she helped me with the invite list and games she wanted. Then on her bday she went to a friends who was going to meet us for dinner. This is what she found when she got there!:
Makayla even helped me make the cupcakes. I told her they were for after dinner, and she said she wanted to make flowers like these for her real cake for her party. (I just smiled and said -no problem- we'll do that Friday)

This picture is priceless. She was OVERWHELMED! Notice all the kids in the back that were just as surprised! On the way home she said- "mom- Im glad I had a surprise party- I have always wanted one!" Happy Birthday to you Makayla!
Makayla even helped me make the cupcakes. I told her they were for after dinner, and she said she wanted to make flowers like these for her real cake for her party. (I just smiled and said -no problem- we'll do that Friday)Now we get to have our family party with dad tonight, since he had to be at class until 8:30 last night. Who says school isn't work?
10 comments:
That was a great idea to have a surprise party. Looks like it was fun! Just wanted to drop a note so you can find our blog.
-Heather
Soooo Fun! She told us she cried and that the surprise scared her half to death...the outcome of a successful surprise...Way to go Amy!
Happy Birthday Makayla! We love you!
I love it and I'm so glad she was so surprised. We sure miss Makayla. We were going to call last night, but I knew you were having a party. We'll call soon. Happy Birthday Makayla
Way to go Amy! I remember trying to keep the trip to Japan a secret...it is a whole lot of work!
I love the pictures...and I love the girl!
Awww, what a great birthday! I didn't get home until too very late the past two nights, but we're thinking of you!! Hope you had a great day!
What a wonderful memory for a beautiful 10 year old. WAY TO GO Amy! and we all agree about all the joy, love and beauty that Makayla adds to the family. WE LOVE YOU!!!
I truly can't believe you have a 10 year old. It seems like Ricks was just a few years ago and that we were telling you and Quinn that your kids were going to be little birdies. Happy Birthday to your little Makayla.
Those are great pictures. Wow, I can't believe she is 10. Looks like she had a birthday to remember!
Happy birthday Makayla! What an awesome surprise! How fun!
I love, love, love that baby picture of Makayla. That is just the cutest thing I have ever seen. What a doll!
so fun, i've always wanted a surprise party too--happy birthday makayla--sorry its so late:)
Post a Comment