Allis is doing a fun preschool co-op with some friends from church. Needless to say our ward here is BIG so there are acutally 2 preschool groups. I'm glad they found room for us and once a week Allie really looks forward to playing with her school firends. This week both goups met at one of the dads firestations.
I have taken many of my kids on field trips to firestations but this was one of the best. They started with this dad sitting on the floor reading fire saftey books to the kids and handed out their fire hats.
Then he took them on a tour of the station and let them slide down the fire pole!
Then we went out to look at the trucks.
And spend some time playing in them!
Then a firefighter came out in his gear so the kids could see how he would look in a fire. Lance would NOT let me put him down for this part. I let him stay in while the firefighter took off his helmet so he could see it was a friend in there- not Darth Vader.
Then we went outside and got to shoot orange cones down with a fire hose!
After that we got stickers and went and ate our lunches in the fire house.
It was a fun day with some fun friends. Afterwards, Allie went home with a friends for a playdate and I met my sis in law for lunch. A fun day all around!
Now we are looking forward to our turn to have school at our house!
5 comments:
That does sound great! How neat.
That really does sound like an awesome 'field trip'!! Allie looks so cute with that fire hose!
My kids would have LOVED that! I'm glad you've got such fun stuff going on there.
We miss you!
What a great playgroup!
AWESOME, I can't believe how big Allie is.
Post a Comment