Thursday, February 25, 2010

Learning...

It seems the older I get the more I think about things.  Maybe the more experiences I go through make me grow and learn more.  Maybe things that happen in our lives give us that new perspective we need.
Moving to Washington I was mentally preparing myself for clouds and rain all the time.  We moved here and it was pretty cloudy and rainy.  Then one day I needed my sunglasses.  I could see the beautiful white mountains and all the green plants and trees.  Then the rain came back, then the sun, then some cloudy days.  Then for a long row of days it was sunny, day after day.  I kept reminding myself- 'it's only February and we're in the Northwest- tomorrow may be cloudy, so enjoy today!'  Then yesterday the clouds came back.
I've decided there is a time and a purpose for things.  If there were no rainy days, the sunny days wouldn't feel like such a blessing.  Maybe I'd start to take them for granted.  Maybe I should enjoy everyday, rain or shine- like its a blessing.  There are too many times I dwell on the would-of's or could-of's, or worry about the tomorrows, but don't stop and enjoy the todays.  Maybe we need the rain for reasons we can't understand.


One day my kids pointed out how nice I talk to their friends.  That got me thinking.  Do I talk to my own kids as nicely as I talk to someone elses kids?  Maybe I should always treat my kids as if they were someone elses.  I guess thats a pretty big deal since they really are someones else's spirit childrenI am so thankful my heavenly Father gave me my kids. 

6 comments:

Jer & Di said...

Love you Amy. I am thankful for my kids too.

Julie said...

Isn't that the truth but here it's the snow we have to push through. Even though it's long and cold--we definitely appreciate spring and summer.

Thanks for the reminder about our kiddos. ;)

Troop 159 Wrightwood said...

I have the best kids EVER.

McAllister Family said...

You are so sweet Amy! You are such a good mama! Your kiddos are so lucky! I agree it is SO important to enjoy each day because each day we have with these sweet children really is a blessing.
Sure love you. Miss your darling family.

DJD said...

Loved your thought! It should be submitted for a forum!

Tyler Jorgenson said...

Great thoughts Sister. Love ya.