Thursday, August 5, 2010

Cannon Beach, Oregon

I was talking with Quinn this weekend and we realized we don't have many more weeks of summer left.  Since Quinn has Mondays off, we decided we needed to go somewhere with the kids for another summer trip.  We picked Cannon Beach.  If you get there at low tide, you can go out and see the tide pools. Monday morning I looked up when the low tide was, noticed it was in about 2 1/2 hours from then.  Its a 2 hour drive, so we quickly threw things in the car and headed to the beach!
We got there in time to see some cool things.
I was not expecting the sun to come out, because its an Oregon beach, but after lunch it was warm and sunny!  We changed into suits and played on the beach.  I didn't even grab sunscreen because  I really wasn't expecting sun, so we bought some sunscreen and off we went.
Allie and Lance would throw these little toy fish into the waves then let the waves bring them back.  Most people got a kick out of watching Lance trying to grab it.  Every time he would bend over, it would move, so when he finally grabbed it he was pretty excited!
Makayla and Dad 'smiling' for the camera!
Allie was having a blast in the sand, but eventually wanted her suit on and chased a few waves too.
Dylan helped Lance catch a HUGE sand crab!
Yep- there was some SUN!!
I took a picture of this lady who was deleting pictures from her camera.  Before she did this, she was taking a picture of Lance on the beach.  He just kept smiling and holding up a stick for her, I think he figured she was a friend.  I remembered when I was in Japan how some Japanese would take pictures of us tourists, I heard, because of our blond hair.  I think she just thought Lance was cute?! 
It seems like everywhere we go we meet more Husker fans.  I think I should keep a record of it.  Quinn had on this Husker shirt and we met a couple visiting from Omaha.  We find Husker fans everywhere, and I must say- they are some of the nicest people we've ever met.
Another fun day for the memory books...
Look close and check out my view at the beach!

5 comments:

Jer & Di said...

What a lot of fun! Looks great! I am glad that you are taking the opportunities to do some fun things ...memories are priceless!

The Warren Family said...

Oh what a great day! I love the beach. Enjoy your last few days of summer and best of luck with the new school year!

McAllister Family said...

We LOVE Cannon Beach! What a fun day! So good to see Quinn wearin' his Husker gear! Sure miss your sweet family! Allie is looking especially grown up to me! Cute kiddos!

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous! That looks like so much fun! And it really makes me miss living near a beach... (c:

Anna and Jon said...

I have so many memories of that exact spot. Looks like a blast.