Thursday, June 17, 2010

Nebraska trip- day 4

Tuesday was our last day in Nebraska.  It was a fun weekend, and it went way too fast!  In the morning we met some friends at the Lincoln Children's zoo.  If you have a membership to the Oregon zoo, you can get in there for free, FYI.

Feeding the goats.

This is such a fun little zoo.  So great for kids!


After the zoo we had lunch with the Butters then had to start saying goodbyes.
We said goodbye to the Mathisons and let the kids have one last race to the corner!

Makayla and I had to make a few last stops.  We went to Noodles and company.  The kids used to love to eat macaroni and cheese here with their chopstick helpers.  We did grab a few of those to bring home!

And  we made a few more stops to say some more goodbyes.

I think I just about wore this girl out:
Now for the long flights home.

Dropping of the rental car in Omaha.  Our flight was only a little delayed, so we did make it to our next flight- barely!

I think the Midwest is a hidden treasure.  there is something special about Nebraska.  The people there are wonderful, the land is beautiful, and now matter where we live, I think a little piece of our heart will always be in Nebraska.   Theres just no place like it.
It has been said, once you're a Husker- you're always a Husker!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You said it perfectly, there is no place like Nebraska. I was just telling Dan the other night that I don't think I will ever find more friendly or great doctors as we had in Nebraska. They have the best people there. How nice to see so many old friends and do so many fun things.

Jer & Di said...

LOVED reading all about your fun trip! You two surely packed a whole lot in such a short time!

Tanya said...

So my new baby hormones are still in effect bc these Nebraska posts made me a little sad. Glad you guys could go back there. Counting down till we see you guys!

The Warren Family said...

Oh Amy, I am so jealous that you and McKayla were able to take a trip to Nebraska. We really miss living there. I agree with you-there is no place like it. Part of my heart will always be there too! What a fun trip. Glad you're doing well! Tell your family hi!

kteuscher said...

Hey girl, have you gone private on me or are you so busy you don't have time to blog. I want to see the new house and the new area.