Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!



Yikes- I forgot Valentines is almost as bad as halloween! The kids came home from school on a cranky sugar overload. Allie didn't understand why they had all this candy and she didn't, and the drama of trying to throw any of those precious cards away! What a day. I finally convinced them to clean it all up by taking pictures of them, with their boxes and cards so we could throw them away. The Valenitnes fairy almost didn't even want to stop by last night. ( I heard she didn't leave as much as she had for fear of feeding into this mess of a day.) Ah, the LOVE.....

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Is Dylan totally crying in that picture? Come on Dylan--it is the day of love!

Jer & Di said...

My goodness Dyaln looks so SAD! What a crazy, fun day..and again, so happy that the Valentine Fairy is alive and well and visiting my sweet grandbabies!! What a legacy from the granny!

Teri Le said...

LOL - our Valentine's Fairy doesn't do much candy. Neither does the Easter bunny!

They look VERY happy!!!!!

K. Laura said...

What is it about commercialization these days that says you have to give candy for every little thing? The kids get a huge haul on Halloween, shortly followed by the decent amount Santa loads into their stockings, and two short months later it's not just a sweet "You're the best Valentine on the block" heart shaped letter, it's loaded with the same candy we just threw out from Halloween. And I hate Sponge bob and Batman and Bratz and Barbie for every holiday--what do they have to do with Christmas or Valentines day? Yeah, Amy, I'm with you on the sweet overload on V-day. Sorry to rant!

Cardalls said...

I totally relate with you on the throwing away of the valentines. O'ma'gosh it has been a real tragedy at our house to find them in the garbage!