OK- I don't have any pictures to go with this one, although I did take a few on my camera phone at the Doctors trying to keep kids entertained today! Just thought I would put in a little update of the last few days at the Drapers house.
Allie has had a low fever and sore throat most of the week, but was acting Ok, so I let it go. Until Wed. my throat started hurting, so I took her in to see what she had. On my way out the door, I got a call from Dylans school nurse- he was in there sick too- so we stopped and got him and went to the Dr.s. Allie looked fine- thought it was just a virus and he said Dylan maybe getting a little cold or flu- just let him rest. My throat was still killing now to the point where I haven't been able to eat or swallow for two days and Im running a little fever too. ( I never realized how nice it is to be able to swallow!)
So today I kept Dylan home and was looking up on WebMD maybe what I had when a friend called to see if Makayla could go over after school. I told her we had a little bug here, so Im just going to keep her home. I told her how I was feeling and she said I should get to the DR, so I loaded up the kids and went. They ran a strep test, it came back positive so now Im on some meds. And it only took 1 1/2 hours at the Dr. ;)
Then my friend showed up this afternoon with a pan of hot cinnamon rolls and homemade chicken noodle soup! After the last few days I couldn't keep back the tears. It meant so much to me! Its not fair for moms to get sick- because who's there to take care of them- especially when their husband has left for another weekend! I guess a little angel was looking out for me- Im so thankful for the good friends we have here- and I just want to get better!! Everyone else here is doing fine- which is a good thing!
Well- thats my little entry for the day. We'll try for some fun pictures next time!
5 comments:
Nope its not fair and moms just shouldn't be able to get sick. I am glad you have good friends there to help you out. I wish I could be close by. We wish you could have come with Quinn this weekend. Hope you feel better soon! Love ya!
Not fun at all! We've had some bugs going around here too, but lucky for Tanya when she wasn't feeling well I was home and healthy.
Get better, then come visit us.
Sorry you have been sick. There is a bug going around here too. Lots of people with high fevers and sore throats that lasts about 4days. Knock on wood we seemed to have escaped it--I know I am jinxing myself. Hope you feel better soon.
My heart hurts...I want to help!!!
I can't believe you went that long having strep and not killing yourself! That was the most pain I have EVERY been in...including natural childbirth! I fell your pain!
I also think that God shouldn't allow moms or newborns to get sick...its just not right!
Post a Comment