Thursday, June 26, 2008

My MOST favorite calling

I was recently called to be the chorister in primary in our ward. I had this calling in Las Vegas before we moved and I had so much fun with it. I was thrilled to get this calling again and would be happy to do this for the rest of my life. The perks of being chorister:
No presidency meetings
No week night activities
You get to work with ALL the primary kids
You get to be the 'fun' primary lady
The primary songs are awesome
You can use your sunday lessons for awesome FHE's
My kids love having me in primary
You get to help with the primary program (my most favorite sunday of the year)
The ideas are endless...

Quinn says I 'over do it'. but then I look online at the activities other sisters do and realize Im nowhere near them. This week we are playing this little game I put together: Sing your way home-
I hope it goes well- I think the klids will like it, since its a 5th sinday I will have Jr and Sr together. Anyways- I am having lots of fun so far with this calling!
One side note: If you ever do the activity where the bishop comes in wearing an old tie you bought for him at the goodwill, and you tell the kids "If you sing super well, we will cut pieces off of the bishops special tie", make sure his son isn't in primary thinking youre cutting up his grandpas special family treasure. He may start to cry.

8 comments:

Cardalls said...

I am in charge of a sharing time this week for our Primary...do you have a copy of this game or the gist of it--it looks cute! Email me!

Jer & Di said...

You are amazing. I wish I could be in your Primary too! I know you are truly the FUN one! Watch out, when you really LOVE and ENJOY your Calling, it never lasts long enough :(

McAllister Family said...

That is SO awesome, Amy! Your primary kids are so lucky to have you as their music leader. You are so talented! I want to hear about all of your ideas so we can use them in our primary too!

Kristen said...

Good for you. I know you loved that calling. You do such a great job with it.

The Ririe's said...

Congrats, I know you will do great! So did the tie thing actually happen...that is funny!

Teri Le said...

Ok, move to MY ward!!!!!

Cannata Clan said...

You are such fun at this calling. Love the tie story!

VegasWatkins said...

You have a real talent with kids. You were so great with our kids here in Vegas. They all loved to sing for you. You were so good about them having fun, but then you would share your testimony of the theme that week. What a great treasure your ward has in you.